Invited talks and colloquia
- October 27, 2018: The syntax of inner aspect in Hungarian. Invited talk given at the Beijing Argument Structure and Event Structure Workshop at the Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China.
- June 21, 2017: Telicity across languages. Invited talk given at the Colloquium: Semantics and Pragmatics Exchange (SemPrE) at Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- May 23, 2017: On the semantics and syntax of situation aspect in Hungarian. Invited talk given at the Research Institute for Linguistics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- April 2015: Argument Structural Complexity is Reflected in Event Structural Complexity: Evidence from English and Hungarian. Invited talk given at the Linguistics Seminar at the Department of Linguistics at the University of Florida. Gainesville, Florida, United States of America.
- November 2011: Aspectual variation in light of data from Hungarian and English. Invited talk. LingLunch lecture series. Université Paris Diderot – Paris 7, Paris, France.
Conference talks with peer-reviewed abstracts
- October 31, 2021: (with Andrea Szávó) Revisiting event lexicalization in Hungarian: constraints on the encoding of Path/Res in verbal particles and resultative PPs. Talk to be given at the International Secondary Predication Workshop 2021. Online.
- August 31, 2021: (with Márton Jánosy, Gergely Pethő and Andrea Szávó) Crosslinguistic influence in L3 acquisition: evidence for non-facilitative transfer from the acquisition of resultatives in L3 Spanish. Talk to be given at the workshop Complex predicates across languages: variation and acquisition at the 54th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea. Online.
- July 6, 2021: (with Márton Jánosy, Gergely Pethő and Andrea Szávó) Non-facilitative transfer in the L3 acquisition of Spanish. Talk given at the third International Conference of the Réseau d’Acquisition des Languages Secondes (Second Language Acquisition Network). University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France.
- June 11, 2019: (with Imola-Ágnes Farkas) On the syntactic complexity of the event domain in Hungarian. Talk given at the International Conference on the Structure of Hungarian 14. Bildungsforum Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany.
- December 11, 2018: (with Imola-Ágnes Farkas) The syntax of inner aspect in Hungarian. Talk given at the 11th Brussels Conference in Generative Linguistics, KU Leuven, Brussels Campus, Brussels, Belgium.
- January 30, 2018: (with Imola-Ágnes Farkas) A unified scalar analysis of the aspectual effect of particles, the pseudo-object egyet ‘one.ACC’ and created/consumed objects in Hungarian. Poster presented at the workshop Endpoints 2018 at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
- September 2015: (with Gergely Pethő) The interaction between event structure and argument structure: the Hungarian facts. Talk given at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (SLE 2015). Leiden University Center for Linguistics, Leiden, Holland.
- September 2012: The ingredients of telicity. Talk given at the 5th Syntax, Phonology and Language Analysis Conference (SinFonIJA 5). University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
- August 2013: The aspectual structure of creation/consumption predicates. Talk given at the 11th International Conference on the Structure of Hungarian (ICSH 11). Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Piliscsaba, Hungary.
- June 2009: The analysis of Hungarian prefixed pseudo-transitive verbs in Ramchand’s First Phase Syntax. Paper presented at the 3rd Scandinavian Ph.D. Conference in Linguistics and Philology at the University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway.
- November 2008: (with Gergely Pethő) Transitivity and event structure: Evidence from Hungarian complex verbs. Talk given at a workshop on transitivity at the University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany.
- September 2008: A three-step model of implicit argument licensing. Paper presented at the 6th METU Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics and Language Teaching at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey.
- June 2006: (with Gergely Pethő) A cross-linguistic investigation of the licensing and interpretation of implicit object arguments. Paper presented at the Languages in Contrast conference at the University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
Talks without peer-review
- April 21, 2017: Event maximalization across languages. Talk given at the Spring Mini-Workshop on Aspect at the Department of English Linguistics, University of Debrecen.
- December 2013: Az argumentumszerkezet eseményszerkezet alapján való elemzése. [An event structure-based analysis of argument structure]. CGRH Workshop. Talk given at the Research Institute for Linguistics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- February 2013: Telic marking in Hungarian. Talk given at the Research Institute for Linguistics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- January 2013: A mereological perspective on scales. Paper presented at the 11th Conference of the Hungarian Society for the Study of English (HUSSE 11). Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary.
- October 2012: Telicity is event maximalization: evidence from Hungarian. Talk given at the International Symposium and Round Table focusing on Verbal Aspect in the Slavic Languages. University of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania.